Spiral Heat Exchanger
- Key equipment for recovering expensive solvents from reactors
- Platex®India SHELIX offers compact & optimized design for atmospheric & vacuum duties with maximum solvent recovery
- Platex®India offers highly efficient spiral condensers to be used as primary/Secondary & Vent Condensers in API/ Bulk Drug Industries
- Special applications like reboiler & Full/Partial evaporation are available
Reactor Mass Cooling With Platex®India Spiral Heat Exchanger
Reactor Capacity – 1.5KL
- Synthetic Oil is in closed Circuit used to cool the reactor mass.
- Synthetic Oil to be cooled down from 220°C to 40°C in two stages.
- Stage 1: To be cooled down of 220°C Oil to 80°C using 70°C Water.
- Heat Load – 150,000 Kcal/h (max) Batch Time – 45 min
- Stage 2: To be cooled down of 80°C Oil to 40°C using 25°C Water.
- Heat Load – 35,000 Kcal/h (max) Batch Time – 30 min
Typical Pharmaceutical Application For Solvent Recovery
- Sturdy & Compact design for both, atmospheric & vacuum duty
- Above 95% solvent recovery compared to a conventional HE
- Single Pass flow avoids clogging on utility side
- Easy installation & operation
- Smaller foot print reduces heavy structure for support compared to conventional HE
- Eliminates use of expensive utility due to close temperature approach.