Shell & Tube Heat Exchanger
A shell and tube heat exchanger is a class of heat exchanger. It is the most common type of heat exchanger user in all major industries like, oil refineries, Petrochemical, chemical, STHE is suited for higher-pressure applications. As its name implies, this type of heat exchanger consists of a shell with a bundle of tubes inside it. One fluid runs through the tubes, and another fluid flows thought the shell and it transfers heat between each other. Platex®India is expect in design, manufacturing of shell & tube heat Exchangers in smooth tube and corrugated tube patterns: customized to any application.
Hx can be designed based on the customer requirement or it manufactured based on drawing available with the user. One to one replacement of heat exchanger is also possible by doing a site visit and taking physical dimensions.
The He designed as per GEP, TEMA, ASME, PED, BS 5500, CE.
We use software to design the heat exchanger, to precisely endure thermal calculations and mechanical construction.
Platex®India can design and manufactured heat exchanger from 1 m² to 400 m² Heat Transfer Area.
Platex®India can also supply HX with ASME & U-Stamp.
- Shell & Tube Heat Exchangers are designed according to TEMA (Tubular Exchanger Manufacturing Association) Standards and / or ASME Section VIII-Div.-I
- TEMA Standard Also Classified into
- TEMA – C – General applications
- TEMA – B – Chemical
- TEMA – R – Refinery Service
- TEMA – R is most restrictive and TEMA – C is least stringent
Types Shell & Tube Heat Exchanger
Corrugated Tube Heat Exchanger
- Platex®India Corrugated Tube Heat Exchangers use Corrugated tube instead of smooth tubes.
- The Corrugation are produced by indenting the tube along the length in a helical pattern with the use of a special purpose machine designed for corrugation of the tube without thinning of wall or development of stress in the tube.
- The helical pattern of tube corrugation and the optimal depth of the indentation causes a two-regime flow in the tube side fluid, spiral at core and eddies at periphery creating turbulence even at lower velocity results in higher heat transfer coefficient and higher Reynolds Number.
- Apart from Conventional Industrial Applications Corrugated are Ideal for other process industries where media is highly viscous , fibrous and in the form of large particles, even up to 50 mm.
- Our Corrugated tube have optimized these to provide the best design in terms of Heat Transfer Area, Pressure drop, Heat Transfer Coefficient fouling, etc. for the particular application.
Smooth Tube Heat Exchanger
- Platex®India also design and manufactures Smooth Tube Heat Exchangers for various industrial applications like heating, cooling, condensing, and re-boiling in our world class manufacturing facility.
- The units can be fabricated based on customer drawings, we can design and manufacture also HE as per customer specification.
- The HE designed as per GEP, TEMA, ASME, PED, BS 5500, CE.
- We have standard software like Chem CAD, HTRI for heat exchanger thermal design, PV Elite for mechanical design.
- We can also supply HE with CE certifications.
- Heat Transfer Area Range from 1 m2 to 400m2.
- Based on customer requirements we provide the HE with ASME ‘’U” Stamp and NBR Registration.