Plate and shell heat exchangers are perfect choices for condensation and steam heating duties. A fully welded plate pack makes the heat exchangers well-suited for handling aggressive media as well as high pressure levels and temperatures. Less space demanding and much lighter in weight, they are good replacements for shell and tube heat exchangers.
Plate and shell heat exchangers combine the strengths of both shell and tube heat exchangers and plate heat exchangers, retaining the high working pressure and temperatures of the former coupled with the high efficiency of the latter. A “best of both worlds” solution, our plate and shell heat exchangers provide unmatched performance for a wide range of applications, particularly vapor condensation duties.
Features and benefits
- Very adaptable heat exchanger. An excellent choice for handling condensation duties, especially duties without condensate sub-cooling. They are also perfect steam heaters of clean fluids, demineralized water, and clean thermal oils.
- The heat exchanger is designed to be highly resistant to thermal shocks as well as thermal and pressure fatigue making it very well-suited for cyclic duties and other duties with sudden, large fluctuations in temperature.
- Available in both bolted and fully welded designs. The fully welded types can handle higher temperatures and pressure levels than the bolted types but cannot be opened for cleaning. This can instead be done with CIP (Cleaning in Place) systems.
- Connections from DN25 to DN300 (1″ to 12″)
- (Frames designed according to FEA and PED 2014/68/EU (EN13445) and ASME sec VIII, Div. 1 construction standards)
- Plates made from AISI 304/316, titanium*
- Shell materials: Carbon steel, stainless steel
- Working pressure up to 40 bar (580 psi)
- Working temperature -10 °C up to 250 °C (50 °F to 482 °F) for bolted types (up to 400 °C (752 °F) for the fully welded types)
- HVAC industry
- Marine/offshore industry
- Dairy/food/beverage industry
- Sugar industry
- Biogas industry
- Refrigeration industry
- Pulp and paper industry
- Heavy industry
- Mining industry
- Petrochemical industry
- Chemical industry
- Steam heating
- Oil coolers
- Gas heaters/coolers