In mechanical industry, most of devices will bring heat which need reject in time. In order to avoid these equipment break down by high temperature, such as air compressor, motor and others so that the closed circuit cooling system is widely used in this area.
In some special industry, liquid can not touch with outside environment, such as quenching oil, sewage, emulsified liquid etc. which need totally closed circuit cooling manner and heat exchanger coils are normally header tube bundle type that for easy maintenance.
In heat treatment industry, induction furnace, diathermancy furnace and vacuum furnace will produce heat when operating. In this case, some components of these equipment need water cooling in order to protect these devices well performance.
- Closed cooling tower closer approach to wet bulb temperature and reduce fouling, improve process efficiency.
- Closed cooling tower offers 10-20℃ lower process temperature, less required spaces, and lower energy consumption.
- Contaminants free, closed loop cooling significantly reduces fouling, ensuring constant performance over time.
- Closed cooling tower reduces environmental impact, saving up to 95% of the cooling water.
- Closed cooling tower effectively combines the function of a cooling tower and heat exchanger into one piece of equipment, reduces required piping and system complexity.
- Closed cooling towers conserve valuable space in equipment rooms. Reduced pump and pipe sizes required to serve process load.
Closed circuit cooling towers performance is dependent on correct selection and proper attention to overall system design. Some of the major planning considerations are highlighted below. SPL bulletins and manuals provide more detailed treatment of closed circuit cooling towers application, operation and maintenance.
- Closed circuit cooling towers must have an adequate supply of fresh air to all inlets.
- When units are located adjacent to building walls or in enclosures, care mush be taken to ensure that the warm, saturated discharge air is not deflected and drawn back to the air inlets.
Principle of Operation
Advantages of Closed Loop Cooling